Charging without the ON-key
ON charging points are also accessible to users without The ON-charging key.
Charging your vehicle without an ON Key
If you don‘t have an ON Key you can pay with a credit card at our charging stations:
- Open the Scan&Charge payment solution by clicking here
- Enter the number of the charging station (the number is displayed on the charging station, e.g. IS*ONP*E1064*2), along with the number of the plug
- Choose Credit Card as payment method and enter payment information and email (for receipt)
- Insert the appropriate plug in your car and select „Start Charging“
- Select „Stop Charging“ to stop the charge
- Receipt for the payment will be sent to your email. The amount is displayed in Euros
To sign-up for an ON-key, an Icelandic identification number („Kennitala“) is required. Plugsurfing enables most EV users (such as non-Icelandic visitors) to use our charging points.
Plugsurfing is Europe’s largest charging network with over 110,000 charging points.